Waste PLUMBING Dishwasher question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if you think this is in the wrong section :rolleyes: As it's a plumbing issue..this seems like the right part!

This seems like a silly question! If I was to put a dishwasher on the opposite side of the room to the waste under the sink would the new waste pipe have slope all the way around the room to the original waste or would fitting a trap behind the dishwasher sort this?

Can the plastic waste pipe on the dishwasher be extended?

Sponsored Links
the water comes out of the dishwasher helped by a small pump. this i would think (i have small knowledge of appliances) would not cope with pumping it much further that the original length of the dishwasher waste.
it has to discharge into wastepipe, with a trap is best to avoid smells !
this pipe needs to run to an outside drain (down hill of course to take the water away.)

with the above in mind have another look. the dishwasher can go on anywall if the fall can be had in the pipework and acess the outside will allow it to go to a drain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back