Wasting my time?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thoughts on putting a porch here, planning permission excepted (within 2m of highway)

i just want some space to hang coats and keep shoes, plus i think it would add bit more character to the front (obviously it would be in keeping with the style of the house)

any thoughts on design / practicality / worthwhileness, thought i could turn it to face the slab on the left and create some steps in an L shape?

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
France
Is character that important in a row of terrace houses?
What about functionality?
I'n not a conservationist or environmentalist, sometimes.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is character that important in a row of terrace houses?
What about functionality?
I'n not a conservationist or environmentalist, sometimes.

again, good point and reflects my original thinking. I was more questioning whether or not i could actually do anything in that space thats worthwhile, as i stated i'd like some space to store outdoorsy stuff, the door goes straight into the lounge you see

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What’s the floor plan inside? Would be a shame to put a porch on

basically a quadrant. the door in the photo leads directly to a lounge, beyond this is a staircase with a utility room and toilet in the far corner, this completes one half of the building.

The other half has 1 quadrant for dining with a kitchen in the remaining quadrant, with doors leading to the rear garden

if that makes sense

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if you had the space for innovative storage solutions. I suppose only you would know which is why you were asking about a porch....

Sponsored Links