Water comming in under the window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Dg windows - my 'walls' are wooden framed bottom and two sides, concrete the other side (main wall between me and my neighbour)
I have 'streams' of water when it rains heavy on lower right of one window and both lower corners of the other
- i've pulled off the inside wooden sill and plaster board
the window 'sits' on black plastic (black plastic sits on the wooden 'beam' of house) - between the black plastic and the Dg window is where the water flows in - i've got a plastic bag taped under the back plastic and into a bucket - collects a good bucket full every other day when it rains
had a 'dg company' around said i needed all new windows - as there about 3m X 1m and cannot get frame up stairs will cost me (they have to hire a scaffold tower)
Have any of you out there heard of something similar?
I don't want to buy new windows if its another problem - and do you need the tower ? thought 2 guys up ladder could lift and another position from inside?
any advice appreciated :D

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a tube of mastic could solve the problem .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back