water keeps filling whirlpool washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope somebody can help my whirlpool washer worked perfectly until builders moved it from the kitchen into a new utility room it seems to make a bit of whine noise as though it is struggling to spin then spins at proper speed, a few inches of water is still in the base of the drum after spin cycle i also notice that water is continuing to run into the soap dispenser drawer even when the machine is turned off even at the mains the only way to stop the water is to turn off the water supply at the back any help or suggestions gratefully appreciated many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have two problems. As said, the filling when not in use will be something in one of the electric water valves preventing it from seating properly. plumbers are supposed to flush out new pipework before connecting appliances but they don't always bother so it could be pipe swarf. This can sometimes be cured just by use as the debris is flushed into the machine. Try putting it on say a 60 degree wash to make sure the hot valve gets flushed through.
Check the waste hose where it goes onto the house plumbing. I've known people to push the hose onto a conical connection on the sink trap, not realising that these cone fittings come sealed at the end and need to have the tip cut off before use

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back