Water level in toilet slowy goes down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The last few days I have notice the water level in my toilet pan has got alot lower than usual. After you flush you can see the level slowy going down, I have checked for leaks but cannot find any, does anyone have any ideals what it could be,?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You have almost certainly got yourself a choke either in the pan or out in the drain. Run the bath tap or basin tap and see if the level starts to come up, if it does same conclusion.

Thanks,

I will try that, is this a problem to worry about as all seems fine apart from that.

Definitely a blockage. Do you have an inspection chamber? You may be able to clear it with one of those big sucker type plungers, if not, you can get a set of rods for less than £20.

joe

Sponsored Links
Don't leave it too long as there's probably trouble down ther in the drain. You look for an inspection chamber or a rodding eye and open it carefully, I think you will find that there will be a choke. Did one the other day one wc choked and it turned out ther was three houses connected to the drain and my customer was the poor unfortunate to call me out. It was a trap buried in the garden three doors down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back