WATER PRESSURE NOISE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently installed new tap for my bath. It's connected to mains water and hot water from pressurised system (with MegaFlo unit). The water pressure from both pipes is quite high. This creates a lot of noise when you switch the taps on. The noise that I am concerned about is the pipes and tap noise, not falling water. Is there any way to reduce this noise? Will some pressure reducing valve help? Are there taps that soften the water pressure noise? Please help. :confused:

Sponsored Links
A pressure reducing valve would be helpful only if your water pressure is above 3 bar; where one should have been fitted on installation!

The cold supply [rising main] to the cylinder should be 22mm where possible.
As for the rest of the system replacing sharp bends / elbows with 'slow bends' can be beneficial. Larger pipes will generally reduce noise levels as will plastic pipes .
Thermal insulation will also act as a sound insulation and could work out to be most cost effective.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between taps in terms of noise? Sometimes it seems that the cost of same type of taps differes a lot. What would make the difference? Is it viable that the more expensive taps perform better and/or make less noise?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back