Water tank overflow dripping - any advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of the overflow pipes from the water tank is dripping (has been for a few weeks now). I've been in the loft and can see 2 pipes going out but the 1 that is dripping doesn't seem to be coming directly from the tank. The water level is just below 40 gallons. I'm struggling to get round the tank to work exactly where this pipe is leading to so before I risk my life and look round, does anyone think it might be the float valve?

Sponsored Links
turn off your mains water and go up in the loft with a bucket, a jug, 2 pipe wrenches and a new ball valve. When you find your tank(s) have a look in them and see which one is filled up to the bottom of a pipe outlet, this is the leaking one. Undo the nut on the ball valve inside the tank and do the same on the new one then just scoop out some of the water to get it to a decent level and screw the new ball valve on....no leaks and no problems, just don't forget to turn the water back on. If this dont cure it we can get technical :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back