waterproof bathroom blind

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our bath is right up against the wall in which the window is. There's no possibility of moving either. Can anybody recommend a window blind which won't suffer too much if it gets regularly soaked by the shower head? I don't want to provide the neighbours with free entertainment every morning! ;)

Sponsored Links
Can you give window width etc... ? I had similar prob and managed to get expanding curtain rail, bought a shower curtain and cut to size. when curtain gets grubby, take off wash with mild beach solution , and start again.

Thanks! That's not a bad idea. The window is only about 1m wide, and in any case I could always put some curtain header tape along the top and use a standard curtain rail. (Of course then I'd have to make sure it was a woven curtain, or use glue instead of stitching if it wasn't, or it wouldn't stay up very long!)

Although not what you asked for, I've seen some self adhesive frosted film that obscures the window. You can get it from sign writers businesses.

Amanda

Sponsored Links
You can also use etching cream, which you paint onto the glass. It produces a frosted finish, but I would imagine if you spill it on the window frames it will strip the paint. :eek:

I believe it uses hydrofluoric acid (HF), which as any chemists out there can tell us, is an acid that can not be kept in a glass bottle as it will eat it's way out VERY quickly! That's right, an acid that eats through glass... all to do with the properties of fluorine dissociating ionic bonds.

The best option to go for, and probably the most cost effective long term, is a pvc roller blind. We have had one for a while now and it gets a good soaking on a regular basis with no problems. It’s very easy to use and as long as you clean it regularly you don’t get any mould build up. I would whole heartedly recommend having a look at English Blinds for some http://www.englishblinds.co.uk/pvc-waterproof_roller-blinds-c

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back