waterproof grout for bathroom floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted new bathroom and next job is to tile floor with 12" sq sheets of 15mm sq glass mosaic. Once laid I intend to grout with white (or as near as possible) grout. However, my concern is that bathroom is mainly used by our two boys who are not a "good aim" at night and in the dark! How can I guarantee to get a grout that is 100% non-absorbent, so that it does not end up yellow if we do have a mishap? A friend has suggested that instead of grout I use white silicone, if it were normal size tiles I would but 2 sq metres of 15mm mosaic, she's already bending my ear about how long the job's taking.

Any suggested products or ideas would be greatly appreciated, ta.

:?:

Sponsored Links
Don't use silicone!

Use a good quality waterproof grout and get the finish as smooth as possible.

Next get the kids to switch the light on and learn to aim straight!

If they miss then get them to clean it up - always an incentive to become a better shot!

It might be worth trying a waterproofing agent once the grout has cured - very few grouts are designed to cope with urine.

Thanks for your reply, have been to Topp's and bought some resin grout to go round loo area only, finished rest of floor with waterproof grout, looks great. Resin grout incredibly hard and not particularly easy to work with either. Thanks again. Could you recommend a water proofing agent? :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back