WB 240 Water to Water Exchange

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have managed to acquire a second hand secondary heat exchange for a WB 240RSF in order to try to fault find / fix my boiler.

My question is, can anyone suggest the best way to clean up both the pimary and secondary side of this exchange before I fit it so that I know it is as good as new as it can possibly be?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
yes get a new one as it is my experiance that they dont clean up very well at all

:)

Personally if ive got the time i enjoy cleaning plate HE. Makes you appreciate the principals of flushing and the importance of constant draining and filling rather than assuming the chimicals will perform miracles!

Sponsored Links
Yeah I was under the impression that they could be cleaned.

I have alreday used some stronge descaler with boiling water left for hours which got a lot of scum out, but wondered if you guys had any suggestions of chemicals / methods to use?

Thanks

Personally I never clean them but that is because, 1 you can never see the results and 2 I really can't be bothered. What I was wondering though is how a replacement hx which may or may not be blocked and still may or may not be blocked after you have flushed it through with chemicals will help you fault find?, especially as opposed to, say, a thermometer?

Well I am just hoping that I can clean it up so that at least it is in better condition than the one that is currently fitted. I want to keep down time on my boiler to a minimum as it is still working to some extent at the mo, so cleaning up a second hand unit from a boiler that was working just losing pressure seemed like a plan. Then I can just swap it out once I am happy with it.

Since it only takes a couple of hours to remove and clean an HE then I dont see much point in having a second one to hand.

Sometimes I choose to clean them in situ !

Some of the best chemicals are not advisable for DIYers as they can be quite dangerous unless the most stringent safety precautions are taken.

Onc cannot assume a DIYer will know if acid should be poured into water or water into acid to dilute it.

Tony

I see your point guys, but can you not advise as to what mixture / dilution to use and the method used to perform the cleaning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back