WC - not enough room for pan connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been narrowing down various bathroom suites and are getting close now.

The current WC is right next to the vertical soil pipe and is connected via a 90 degree pan connector, then a straight connector, then into soil pipe.

Some of the WC's we are looking at are of this sort of style:

http://www.tandc.co.uk/render_image.php?image=suite-000006&width=680

Looking at the picture, there isn't enough room for a 4" 90 deg connector to come out from behind it and along the wall, so what is expected for waste connection?

Surely they don't assume everyone passes pipework through false walls these days? Or could I use a 90 deg connector and go directly though the floor boards, then connect up to soil under the floor?

I've queried it with the manufacturer and am waiting a response, but wondered if anyone else has had similar problems.

Sponsored Links
You can get pan connectors shaped like a '?', so the vertical outlet is further 'forward' than the horizontal inlet.
There are flexible connectors available. Some may argue they are more prone to blockages, because of their ribbed form, but they can get you round a tricky corner if need be.
There's a few different ones here:-
http://www.multikwik.com/products.php?cat=1&procat=Pan+Connectors
Other ways are, as you mentioned, putting an offset in the pipe under the floor, or building out a section of wall with studwork, either full height or just to the top of the cistern to make up any difference left over.

Thanks, hopefully the suppliers will be able to clear it up, but I don't really want to stud the wall out if I don't have to, going under the floor creates more hassle as well, but not the end of the world.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back