Webcam/electrical problem..maybe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right..tricky one for you.

Recently I had grief with the comp, not shutting down...and I also noticed the web cam light, when the comp was on, glowing...slightly.

Problems got worse so I did a complete wipe and re-installed windows..total re-format job.

When I loaded everything back...what was the first thin that happened?...comp not shutting down..a glitch I thought..then it happened twice..almost imediatly had trouble starting up..the comp went through the normal rigmarole, then just before the screen that contains the signing in box to windows XP...the comp hangs..have to then go through turning it off...then on then restart...then manual off...then maybe restart etc...all sorts of permutations...then lo...it will eventually open up corrctly allowing me to sign in.

The webcam light is also still staying on..have to turn the power off at the wall

Problem doesnt end there...normally after this has happened I cant log onto the net...error box say no dialing tone..

So begins the rigmarole again...then normally on the second attempt I can log onto windows and the net...

Ideas?...before I re-format again.....:evil:

Sponsored Links
Might be a hardware thing, then, if you've already wiped and reloaded :(

Try disconnecting all the things you can - just keep keyboard, mouse, screen.

Sponsored Links
Back