Weird boiler noises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Halstead Hero 75 boiler, installed about a year ago. It has recently developed an annoying problem, it has been recently serviced. When it fires up from cold it runs for quite a time and as the radiators get hot, it cuts out as I presume it is meant to. The problem is that about 4 or 5 minutes before it cuts out, it start to make peculiar noises, sort of banging or creaking inside. The higher I have the boiler thermostat, the louder and worse they get. When the boiler starts up again about three minutes later it works perfectly, no more noises and it continues to work perfectly, cyclying on and off until the roomstat says "I'm there" and then staying off. When the temperature in the room drops and the roomstat tells the boiler to start up again, the whole process starts again, long initial period of heating with the noises returning just before cut out, then period of cycling on and off with no more noises. I don't understand why the noises develop at the end of the initial period of heating or why they then go away, no matter how long the boiler cycles and and off after that. The pump is on high and running silently

Any help/ideas will be very much appreciated.

Arni

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back