Weird central heating 6am wake up call !

C

catmando

I have a Worcester bosch combi that was fitted about 8 months ago.

The heating is set to come on at 6am in the mornings and this morning when it came on there was a constant loud banging noise, that appeared to be coming from the pipes underneath the floor in the bedroom where the combi is fitted.

I reset the boiler to no avail, then I aired all of the radiators also to no avail.

Finally I turned on the hot and cold taps in the bathroom and left them to run for a while, redish brown coloured water came from both for a short period and then after a while to noise stopped.

Any ideas what my problem was and is it likely to happen again?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Is your water pressure high enough?

Sounds like its overheated!! Cant say much more with the scant information at hand although I do have a few ideas that arent worth going into right now

I have a Worcester bosch combi that was fitted about 8 months ago.

It's still under guarantee. If you have any more probs ring your installer or ask Worcester to come and check it out under guarantee scheme.

No mention has been made of the system pressure on the boiler.

In view of the dirty water I would expect:-

1. The installer did not power flush and treat the system boiler.

2. There is a failure of the secondary heat exchanger.

Although its under guaranty, if the system water is so dirty then this might not be covered by the warranty because the installer did not clean the system properly.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
just to update you, the problem has not returned and the dirty water has gone away. This morning however, the boiler was completely off but there was a sort or ticking noise coming from it for about 30 mins.

The installer has been out and checked everything over and can't find a problem!

He has told me to see if it happens again!

The system pressure is fine on the boiler and is not losing pressure.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back