wet patch on celling over landing any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
last night i noticed a small 20cm wet patch on my celling on the landing,
is was damp to the touch, so i went into the loft to check for any leeks,
there were no wet patches on the boards in the loft, so i took the boards up and the underlay over were the wet patch was, and again there was nothing, not wetness and no pipes,
this morning the patch has dried up and is barley visible does anyone have any ideas what this would be, i know without viewing it is very hard to say. could it be condensation from the bathroom, ( i find it hard to believe that the condersation would compile in one area)
1 thing i did notice was a hole in the foor felt which may account for the dampness but is this was the case and the water had leaked through the boards and through underlay surely the underlay would be damp as well.

any ideas are welcome.

Sponsored Links
Hole in insulation >> cooler ceiling >> local condensation. See it all the time round the edge of bathroom ceilings where's there's nowt above.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back