Wet Room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm thinking of converting the bathroom in a new property to a wet room, Has anyone got any links or tips on the best aproach/pitfalls for this?

The bathroom is roughly 7*9, I'm finding it hard to get any info on the web beyond the usual commercial sites which assume you have a huge loft apartment space to work in and £1000's to spend.

Cheers
Smurf

Sponsored Links
What do you mean by "a wet room"? Bathrooms seem pretty wet to me.

What floor do you have? wood, concrete........are the walls brick or plasterboard??..you need to think about access points for wastes in case of blockages as the whole room will be tiled so keep waste runs to a minimum along one wall if possible either under floor or use chrome wastes.
The shower waste is normally in a corner with the floor sloped gradually to it choose a waste grate that can be accessed by removing the top cover.

oilman, just for you i found this

wet4.jpg

Sponsored Links
Saves having to worry if you can't get the recycled beer into the right place I suppose. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back