What adhesives would you recommend

• Thread starter 2scoops0406
  • Start date

2scoops0406

OK, I finished the flooring a while back, I now need to put the skirting board / beading on. I propose to do the following :-

Skirting will be profiled, and scribed on the internal corners ;) THe externals will be mitred.

I have two areas however that require beading to be attached to the PVC doors. Questions :-

1) What glue do you recommend in order to properly attach the beading (solid maple) to the PVCu (or failing that, should I just use / manufacture oversize beading, and mechanically secure it (i.e. screws)

2) The external mitres obviously they won't be 90 degrees, but again, what's the best way (after having cut the correct mitre angles), use mitre mate, pin, or buiscuit joint.

Advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
OK, flour and water paste it is then :LOL:
Blu tack would be better ;)

I always use Gripfill tube, read the manufacter details and I think it's the green colour the one you want.

Sponsored Links
"no more nails" or equivelent,can sometimes get a deal such as "buy 2 get 3rd free"
handy stuff to keep around anyway.some have really good gap filling properties,i just run a damp clothe where the skirting meets the wall,makes it look consistent & jobs a good un. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back