1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

what fall does the line on a spirit level either side of bubble covert to.

Discussion in 'General DIY' started by zuber ali, 20 Aug 2021.

1. zuber ali

zuber ali

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hi all trying to work out falls and depths for my patio, from my limited knowledge i understand if i have a gradient on my spirit level so that the bubble slightly passes the lines either side, this should be a sufficient fall, i would like to know what fall does this actually convert to i.e 1 in 100, 1 in 60 etc.

2. RandomGrinch

RandomGrinch

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Find a straight and level surface, lift one end of your spirit level until the bubble hits the line and measure the distance the end of the level is from the ground.
    Divide this distance by the length of your level (in the same units) and you have your fall.
    If there was a standard for these lines, it is probably worth doing this anyway. Many cheap levels I have had, strongly disagree with each other :)

3. Sponsored Links
  4. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Levels vary. Plenty of mobile phone apps to give you the fall . You can use a line set to fall you require for level.

Last edited: 21 Aug 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. cdbe

cdbe

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It doesn't matter, you don't lay a patio to fall by levelling individual slabs with a spirit level. You lay them to a line with the fall set using a spirit level set level on a straight edge and a tape measure to measure down.

6. Sponsored Links
  7. zuber ali

zuber ali

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Oh yeah I should have thought of that. Thanks