What is the answer?

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
D

david and julie

This year I am 52 and I can honestly say I can never remember things as bad as this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3727658.stm

It is so depressing that people cannot sort out their differences by now.

I cannot believe that the average person, anywhere in the world, would not prefer to live in peace with their fellow man.

The sooner oil runs out, the better.

I wouldn't think the families concerned would read this forum, eitherway
I have nothing to say to help any of you. Please except my condolences, it is so sad.

It is also sad for our Muslim friends, most of whom must feel the same.

What a truly sad situation.

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
I cannot believe that the average person, anywhere in the world, would not prefer to live in peace with their fellow man.

Sadly, the average man/woman will ultimately kill if family are threatened or perceived to be threatened. You always have to remember that no matter how 'civilised' we are we are still just a species of animal with all the same drives. Our ability to think, communicate and rationalise leads to us believe we can always overcome base instincts but reality shows that ain't true.

If we were as clever and sophisticated as we like to think we are we would have government that everybody agreed upon, education that actually worked and social policies that meant everybody was happy all the time.

In the last century British armed forces experienced only two years in which no military action was being fought(I believe 1968 was the last). I see nothing to suggest this century will be any different.

Sponsored Links
A truly terrible world we live in and my heart goes out to the Bigley family :cry:
How anybody continues to believe in God is a mystery to me as he clearly is not earning his adulation and worship.
Very sad :(

A terrible world indeed but if you read Mathew 24:7 when the disciples asked Jesus what would be the signs for the end of the world he replied:
"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places"
I don't think the current events are reason to doubt the existence of God but perhaps wonder why he does things the way he does.

Fair enough, but some of the answers to current problems will be by people understanding each other's religeous beliefs.
I'm far from being a Christian myself, and with my wicked lifestyle there is no way that I would ever qualify, but I am interested in what people believe in.

Man will continue to kill each other whatever cause they use to justify their deeds, be it religion or otherwise.
I wish there was a God to put an end to all this suffering.
Maybe one day he will show himself and help this poor world. :(

The world is what man makes it! If one portion of the world continues to exploit and enslave and not listen or in fact do anything to help then the other portion will continue to fight for it's survival,.
It's not rocket science, it's human nature or survival of the fittest(read weathiest) It's about time that people let others live and not interfere or rule their lives and pay a fair price for their hardship instead of ripping them off.

kendor said:
The world is what man makes it! If one portion of the world continues to exploit and enslave and not listen or in fact do anything to help then the other portion will continue to fight for it's survival,.
It's not rocket science, it's human nature or survival of the fittest(read weathiest) It's about time that people let others live and not interfere or rule their lives and pay a fair price for their hardship instead of ripping them off.

and does this include behaving like animals ?

If the "enemy" has behaved like animals and killed your wife and children or your relatives or friends children would that not make you do likewise? you are not in the situation that they are in you only see the one sided coverage of the media it's only if you live in those places that you are driven to what we over here look upon as barbaric but you must be driven as a human being to do such things it's cause and effect, I don't condone their actions , I have no reason to i live a comfortable life and am not affected by what goes on there so it's easy for me to turn a blind eye, but look how the events of 9/11 brought home to some american how wrong their policies around the world are , also how it motivated the unhinged part of their population to take up arms and "kick some butt" with that attitude no wonder that the troubles continue.
We can all be armchair critics or we can at least do our bit and protest about our goverments actions unless you are happy to continue to watch wars going on around the world as they don't affect your day to day business over here.
I wonder what would happen if the oppressed countries gained control of their oil reserves and held the west to ransom ( I think i can guess!).

i know what it is like there....... Unfortunately we have all become immune to death and suffering and the only way to make a point these days is to shock. Keep marching mate..............it wont change a thing

Sponsored Links
Back