What make boiler ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We are about to get a new condesing boiler, and was looking for some advice on what make to get. Some plumbers have reccommended Poterton/Baxi, others have said to stay away from them and go for Worcester....... can anyone give me some good impartial advice on which is best (and why) ?

Also, should we have a powerflush when we get the new system, or is a flush with X400 (?) Ok ? We have microbore pipework, and again some people have said that powerflush is a 2must-do", others have said we dont need it.

We are confused !! :confused:

Any help is appreciated....

Sponsored Links
goalc said:
Hi
We are about to get a new condesing boiler, and was looking for some advice on what make to get. Some plumbers have reccommended Poterton/Baxi, others have said to stay away from them and go for Worcester....... can anyone give me some good impartial advice on which is best (and why) ?

Also, should we have a powerflush when we get the new system, or is a flush with X400 (?) Ok ? We have microbore pipework, and again some people have said that powerflush is a 2must-do", others have said we dont need it.

We are confused !! :confused:

Any help is appreciated....

Definitely go for a powerflush and it should take them a day to do it properly. If you look on the kamco website you can find links to a local approved engineer. If its microbore you may find some guys won't touch it with a bargepole and may recommend partial repiping of the system.

As for choice of boiler its horses for courses. Its a pity there isnt a What Boiler magazine for fair and balanced reviews. Each installer will have their own choice, but I recommend you ask them for references from their previous customers. I always give this choice to customer and around 50% do actually call to speak to my earlier clients.

If you ask on here you will get 10 different answers for boiler choice. At a minimum you should be looking for 5 years warranty on the heat exchanger and 2 years other parts/ labour. Some boilers have a 10 year warranty - analagious to Siemens/Meile build quality, but these don't come cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back