What plastering system for a solid wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering what people might suggest would be the best solution for our bathroom. The room was fully tiled and current plaster under them was loose so I am in the process of removing everying from the walls.

My question is what would be the best replacement given that the walls are both quite uneven (there is up to an inch of plaster in places) and it's a '30s house so the walls have no cavity. The final finish will be part tile and part paint. The ceiling would benefit from overboarding as it's lath and plaster and not perfect.

Although it has never been a cold room it has three external walls and I was wondering if I should take the opportunity to provide some measure of insulation by using battens and plasterboard and if so what materials would be recommended? Is it necessary to provide a vapour barrier and if so in what form.

Does anyone have any experience of composite products like Kingspan Thermawall?

Any advice would be appreciated.

regards

Colin

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back