What shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help appreciated people!

I currently have a combi boiler supplying my hot water, and cold water is mains fed, the hot water pressure is weak however when using my bath tap mixer and a small rose the water runs fast enough at a good temperature!

So 1/ can i have a mixer shower, and 2/ what type, as there are 3 types on the market?

A Basic mixer valve (nothing special),

A mixer valve (pressure balencing one, which state they are ideal for combi's),

Or a termostatic mixer (will this work considering the low hot water pressure?)

Electric or power showers are out of the question as im trying to create a seemless look!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Atrevi boost isn't suitable for use on a combi (it's a venturi type that uses a turbine to draw the hot supply through using the cold mains pressure).

I'd suggest measuring the flow rate on your hot supply and then using a balanced thermostatic mixer that is suitable for the flow rate the boiler is delivering.

Whatever you go for make sure that it is designed to cope with a combi boiler

A pressure balancing or thermostatic will be ok.

Bath hot tap flow pressure can look c*** due to the pipe work to it being 22mm. What is hot tap pressure like on basin or kitchen sink?

Sponsored Links
You dont mention what combi you have...........a lot of the showers you mention wont work very well unless the combi is fully modulation. Its the first thing to check.

Ah yes the tap supply is 22mm on the bath taps, my downstairs kitchen sink hot water is more powerfull might be the gravity side of things coming into it as well as the small pipe diameter.

Thanks for the help tho, i think ill go for the thermostatic option and hope it works, im only using a small rose or stick like shower head, i never expected to get a large powerfull flow just a resonable one, so fingers crossed.

once again thanks for help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back