What size is 3/4in copper pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a sort of silly question, I know that 3/4in copper pipe is the internal diameter and that 22mm is the external, but what is the external diameter of 3/4in pipe. I have some mixed in my house and want to use mt calipers to meassyure to try and work out which is which. Or is there an easier way

Sponsored Links
Callipers :eek: That`s what Forrest Gump wore isn`t it.........too technical for me , but the od of 3/4 is smaller than the od of 22mm. by about half a mill.

What material pipes are we talking about?

Copper is different to lead, the wall thickness if different on MDPE compared to black alkethene. (Black alkethene varies from class to class)

Give us a bit more info and you may get a bit more of a helpful answer.

Sponsored Links
For us it usually stands out like a saw thumb, we can just see it.

For you buy a 3/4 by 22mm end feed socket and try the small end on the pipe, if it won't fit it's 22mm.

We have to have loads of the adapters as we mostly work in older houses most of which have some 3/4.

The cold supply to the cylinder is and easy one, buy a new gate valve and buy a set of 3/4 olives. Change pipe size at the gate valve. In usual fashion drop the first olive down the back, go to van for another.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back