What the hell IS that noise - Yaris 2006

K

kuytd

I have a creak in the suspension, sometimes worse than others. Left hand side, when on tight, or full lock.

Had it some time ago when car had warranty, Toyota kept changing top mounts that seemed to cure it for short times, but its still there.

What could it be??....

Sponsored Links
Driveshafts can knock on full lock when they are worn, but in your case it could easily be the top strut bearing....thats the bit that turns with the spring as you steer round a corner.
I always replace these when I do springs - most of them are totally clapped out.
John :)

I see, makes sense. But do you think this would be the case considering this has happened since the car was 18 - 24 months old?

No, of course not - depending of course, that Toyota actually did change the top mount, rather than just stripping it out and putting it back together again!
I'm sure every other Yaris doesn't make a noise!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Well, story was one toyota garage fitted it, creak returned, next garage found the first had fitted one part of it upside down! So original garage had to do it again, but creak returns...

Does it do it when driving in the rain? if not or its quieter it will probably be a rubber bush somewhere in the suspension - assuming it uses rubber bushes.

Peter

I have not noticed the noise going in the rain. It happens so often that I try to ignore it. Should be wet the next couple of days, so will listen out for it...

Back