What type of fitting on to an electric shower please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I jhhave just bought a new electric Tritron shower.
The water pipe fiting for the cold mains feed is a short plastic tube thing in a recess in the back with a plastic filter in it. It looks around 15mm but I havent checked.

It asys to use a complression fitting. Do I just use a normal compression fitting with brass olive in this??? I have to assume not. If not what am I looking for please?

Rgds, Scott.

Sponsored Links
what do the instructions say?

(my old one did just as you thought you dont, i.e 15mm compression with olive)

As breezer says. The fitting instructions actually show a picture of a compression fitting for your guidance. They should also say, don't use pushfit. Have fun.

Doesn't have a picture...
Does say ' use compression fitting'

Does say 'dont uses any sealing compound or ptfe'.

Will probably give the plumbers merchant a call....

Sponsored Links
I fitted a triton shower two years ago with similar plastic tube. I opted to use a 'copper olive' as it's softer than brass. Best not to tighten too much. It's better to tighten a weeping joint than over tighten.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't think the model will matter. Just use the compression fitting and don't over tighten as mandate said.

This pupster: http://www.gahooyoogle.com/search.php?st=Web&q=triton+showers

Installation giude is there too for your referance.

And now looking at it there IS a picture of a compression fitting (page 9 fig 10) (Doh!) and I have to assume that it is a bog standard one. I thought that there may be a special type for using on to a plastic pipe. I have some copper olives somewhere so Ill use those.

Ta.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back