What you think?

T

timmyquick

Hi all

My understanding is of part P is that you can extend an existing circuit say for example a new light with switch or a new socket spurred of a ring main as long its not in a special location?. So say i was to have building control out for an extension of some kind would i be in my rights to say that i'm having no electrician to do this nor having it checked or could the council still overrule. Have to date done 3 extensions for family and always done simple things like a extension to the lighting circuit or a spur from a ring but i'm now planning on doing my own and basicly want to say get stuffed if they asked for proof of certificatin from an electrician (not knocking sparkys but in the real world we all like to save money) as all i would want to do is a simple spur for a socket and light. This is for a loft conversion my biggest project yet, the light would be from bedroom ceiling rose as well as a socket spur from bedroom socket which is on a ring.

Though if money was of no object i would pay someone to do all of it!

I just completed 1 extension on my brothers house just before christmas and the building control officer from stoke-on-trent council said if it was not complete before they shut for xmas he would do me for the electrics so does not look promising for me now does it.

Would really like to know what my rights are on this matter.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back