What's the best professional "blow lamp"?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How long's a ...... i know iknow, but what's the best professional blow lamp?

Sponsored Links
Screw on a cylinder or the end of a pipe? Ive got a Rothenburger something or other with built in igniter (a must-have IMO). It's ok, but there are others, just it was the only one in the shop at the time. Bullfinch is a good make, but there are lots of makes of cars on the road, obviously someone likes the things I wouldn't give house room to.

I've got the Rothenberger Surefire 2, a good torch with peizo ignition & flame adjustment. If you want something just as good but a bit cheaper go to B&Q & buy a Benzomatic torch it's made by rothenberger anyway.

I think it's Bernz-o-matic who make Rothy torches. ANy way that one - Superfire 2 adjusts, and it (and its unadjustable little brother) is the only torch I've seen which turns on and off smartly, every time. I use a smaller nozzle for a tighter flame.

Sponsored Links
I got a nice one while on my plumbing course fully auto found the course on best thing i ever did

Advertising - get lost. I hear that on your "course" one guy set fire to his hair and another was last seen heading for the canal with his pants on fire.

Rothenberger Surefire 2's are the dogs dangley bits

Make sure you turn em off properly EVERY TIME by the screwy valve on the burner as it is possible that it could fall and ignite causing a fire. If its floating about in the back of your van then something could fall onto it causing it to light up as well!!!

Grahams sell a plumbing kit with one in for about 70+

Mine just did a back flip and pike out of a loft so now I have to get a new nozzle £20.60 + Roland Rat.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This is a moan from an old FA** I did a course in plumbing,3 years @ 1 day weekly. Lead, Sheetmetal ,Gas ,Oil, Iron drainage,Copper, plastc etc. Now the roofers do the lead. D*no R*d do the drains. Corgis do the gas, Building control watches the boilers and unvented cylinders.Sparks only do the controls wiring (partP) Guttering done by the Soffit+fascia gangs. Got any floatvalves to change Guv? :cry:

I personally think soldering is done easier from a bottle with a tube and torch at the end rather than holding a cylinder (roth etc ) there is a make called Sievert who do various options and sizes that can be got from a company called Lister via the web cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back