whats this light mean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im clueless as far as cars and vans go a red light has come on, on my dash. Its a fan inside what looks like a can with a bit of liquid at the bottom what is it. cheers

Sponsored Links
Means your tv license has expired, and your wife has run off with the postman.

What car/van? Sounds like a coolant level light to me.

^neo^ said:
Means your tv license has expired, and your wife has run off with the postman.

What car/van? Sounds like a coolant level light to me.

cheers neo, thanks for your last post about the polo ive not spoken to him yet. its a boxer van, the light was flashing the last few days and it was coming on when i turn the key. Ive removed the fuse for the fan and the light goes off so it maybe connected, cheers.

^neo^ is correct - it's the coolant level. I've got a Boxer and had similar symptoms. Strangely I found it needed topping up a few times before sorting it - the header tank seems to be compartmentalised in a peculiar way on the Peugeots, but it will find its own proper level eventually. I would reconnect the fan if I were you.

Sponsored Links
keyplayer said:
^neo^ is correct - it's the coolant level. I've got a Boxer and had similar symptoms. Strangely I found it needed topping up a few times before sorting it - the header tank seems to be compartmentalised in a peculiar way on the Peugeots, but it will find its own proper level eventually. I would reconnect the fan if I were you.

Nice one , but fill up where? I dont know much if anything about engines so point me in the right direction to fill up and with what, cheers keyplayer, neo. ;)

Open bonnet. Whilst looking in from the centre you will see a large plastic bottle with a screw top just to the right of centre. Two hoses emerge from the left and it has MIN and MAX marked on it. Top up to between these points. (take lid off first! And don't forget to replace.) The light may not go out immediately. Don't worry about this. It will eventually, tho you may have to top up twice or thrice.

keyplayer are you on about the water? this is upto max already. Ive got another problem a bit more serious, its leaking deisel. I lay under the front looking up and can see where its dripping from. looking at it its a circle about the size of 10p piece made of rubber with a white plastic cross in the middle (looks similar to the end of a torpedo). I turned it to the right to try and tighten but still drips i turned it slightly to the left and it stopped but its dripping again today :evil: there are 2 black pipes feeding a cast unit with this on it, it lookes like somekind of filter or tube either screwed in and its worn the thread out or its pushed in im only assuming ;) . if you need any more detailes please ask. cheers.

I may be wrong, but it sounds like you're describing the drain cock on the bottom of the fuel filter housing. If the threads stripped you'll need to get a new one. I'll have a look under mine in the morning. Should be fairly simple to sort out.

my mate thought it was that and gave me a new one to fit but it looks nothin like. I think i know what you mean it on the end of the filter with a hole on it for when you loosen. when you look at yours look up centre its just to the right and your looking up at it its next to 3 wheels with a belt on it. two back pipes are feeding it its about an arms length to reach. cheers.

Sponsored Links
Back