Where can i get large wooden letters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a large (about 2ft) sign made of wood (any) but I want the word cut out rather than carved into a larger piece of wood. I also want it to be in 'joined up' writing (although perhaps 2 or so letters could be cut and joined together on hanging??..) and the 'writing' to be of a particular style.

Any ideas?
;)

Sponsored Links
When you say wood,I take it you mean something like plywood ?
If you buy the wood and draw onto it,then have it cut out using a bandsaw as it use a very thin blade.Your local joinery should be able to help or you can do it with a jig-saw with the correct blade.

Does it have to be made of wood ? maybe you can use plastic etc ?

marymary said:
I am looking for a large (about 2ft) sign made of wood (any) but I want the word cut out rather than carved into a larger piece of wood. I also want it to be in 'joined up' writing (although perhaps 2 or so letters could be cut and joined together on hanging??..) and the 'writing' to be of a particular style.

Any ideas?
;)

the most direct method of producing what you require is to compose and print the text on a pc to required size in required font.
Then trace the outline of the text onto the wood and cutout the text using a scroll saw or fretsaw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back