Where is the filling point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glow-Worm Space-Saver 50 balanced flue boiler with a microbore central heating system that was installed before we moved in to the house, many of the radiators are now causing trouble, sludge build up, leaking valves etc… Is there a way to find out where the filling point is without ripping up carpets and floorboards everywhere?
There is no feed tank in the loft and I can’t find a filling loop anywhere obvious and there is no mains water going out to the garage where the boiler is.

Sponsored Links
If you have
leaking valves etc
, then you MUST by now have lost enough water from the system to stop it dead UNLESS there's either an F&E tank somewhere OR some sort of automatic top-up gadget. It's quite unlikely this would be under floorboards. Have another look around.

Clue - it'll be where the heating pipes are near the water main.

Sponsored Links
If I drain the system and the water stops coming out, i.e. there is no
F&E tank somewhere OR some sort of automatic top-up gadget
would it cause any problems to fit another filling loop? There isn't any pressure gauges on the boiler, how would I know when to turn off the feed?

I assume if there is an "automatic top-up gadget" I will hear the water entering the system as it is being emptied.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back