Where to buy Vaneered sheets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im looking to buy some large sheets of wood for decorative use. Is there anywhere to get large sheets of vaneered ply or chipboard or any type of wood that has a nice vaneered finish.

I cant find anything local to me and ive tried everywhere, only thing i can find is vaneer and glue to do it yourself but i think i would make a mess since i need rather large sheets.

Anyone know anywhere within about a 30 mile drive from Derby where i can get such sheets. This includes Sheffield, Leicester, Nottingham, Chesterfield, Coventry or at a push i could drive as far as leeds or birmingham but i only have a car and to get the sheets home ill have to bodge them onto my roof bars so long distances increase the change of trouble

can anyone advise

Thanks

Marc

Sponsored Links
The other places to try are Arnold Laver who stock bveneered chipboard and MDF. Their nearest branch to you is Chesterfield. If you fancy a trip over to Stoke there is Panelco Ltd (01782-392100) a well respected trade supplier in the North of England - I've dealt with them for a few years and their range is excellent.

Scrit

Sponsored Links
Scrit said:
The other places to try are Arnold Laver who stock bveneered chipboard and MDF. Their nearest branch to you is Chesterfield.
lavers timberyard in chesterfield has closed down, they only do diy stuff now. If you phone Allen and Orr in Chesterfield they will order it for you, or Hills Panel Products in Sheffield have a lot in stock.

Only downside to HPP is that they only do veneered MFC and NOT veneered or melamine-faced MDF because they are a kitchen/bedroom trade supplier in the main. How good is the Sheffield branch for delivery? HPP's Oldham HQ is excellent and they'll saw to order, too. Sorry about the Chesterfield branch - I use Bradford or Manchester and the Chesterfield address is in my current literature from Laver's. I thought that they'd deliver anything trade for collection from their DIY branches as well.

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back