where to start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to know what qualifications I need to be able to carry out electrical installation work I have done plenty of this type of work in the past mostly domestic and a little commercial three phase work all done with my father who was a time served sparks,
Sadly he has now passed away and I now wish to get back to this type of work.
I have family members and friends who can give me work mainly additional circuits etc (from my in-law builder) boiler points earthling etc (plumber friend) the occasional re-wire,
I have no problem with the installation and I have a good all round knowledge but not so well with the testing etc where would be the best place to start?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply I have had a look at the niceic registration could you please explain in more detail it looks to me that I need to be working/training as a electrician or can I just do a coarse?
And it says that you have to have been working for 12 months before you can register?
I would like to go self-employed but need training I think more information is needed
Any more help please

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back