Best places to buy builders clothes?

T

teaboyjim

Any brands you'd recommend that's reasonable quality?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I've still got some lidl trousers that have done really well. My aldi trousers failed at the seam quite quickly.

My favourite trousers are Dickies which are good value. I've had a few "new" ones from ebay quite cheap.

I use dickies.
There are more expensive ones with flappy belt pockets on the outside for twice the price.
They are going to get dirty, I see no point in spending more than needed so Dickies do for me.
However, do invest in some knee pads for them and a good belt with the savings.

Sponsored Links
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284001597274

I've worn these for years, I tend to get 18 months out of a pair before changing them, that's wearing them 2 or 3 days a week.

The waist size is undersized so a 36" is a 38", 34 is 36 and so on. The inside leg is stitched inside so can be adjusted to suit.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
you asked for builders clothes, forget aldi and lidl. what a joke.
dewalt or scruffs trade only for me.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284001597274 I've worn these for years, I tend to get 18 months out of a pair before changing them, that's wearing them 2 or 3 days a week. The waist size is undersized so a 36" is a 38", 34 is 36 and so on. The inside leg is stitched inside so can be adjusted to suit.
I notice they've got a metal fly button

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I use dickies. However, do invest in some knee pads for them and a good belt with the savings.
Have you ever bought the standard dickies trousers which don't have the metal fly button?

There always about that price, I've never had any issue with the buttons coming away, I've been wearing them for the last 8 years and think I've had 6 pairs in total and I'm hard on them.

I do all my DIY stuff in them, I work on cars in them, so alot of crawling about on tarmac and I'm a maintenance engineer by trade so spend alot of time crawling around machinery in them and they stand upto it all well

My lidl gear was we priced and reasonable quality. The main issue is that they only sell it occasionally
Aldi sell similar items occasionally as well

There always about that price, I've never had any issue with the buttons coming away, I've been wearing them for the last 8 years and think I've had 6 pairs in total and I'm hard on them. I do all my DIY stuff in them, I work on cars in them, so alot of crawling about on tarmac and I'm a maintenance engineer by trade so spend alot of time crawling around machinery in them and they stand upto it all well
Are Dewalt trade quality

I have had plastic buttons pop off yes, but that's more to do with me being overweight and the trousers suddenly shrinking on me :)

The DeWalt shorts are bang on. You would have to do something special to damage them during normal work wear. I think they are actually good value for money when you look at their quality.

you asked for builders clothes, forget aldi and lidl. what a joke.
dewalt or scruffs trade only for me.
Pretty sure OP isn't a builder, or planning on becoming one

My post was just based on my experience of lidl gear being reasonably priced, and pretty good quality.

I know at least 2 time served builders who wear it, and recommended it to me for DIY

Just because you don't do something, it doesn't mean its a joke, or wrong

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back