Where's my CH pump located?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler is Baxi Barcelona. Heatrae Sadia HW tank is situated on 1st floor.

Cannot find the CH pump :oops: . Where is it likely to be located? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ah, good! I wasn't sure since the installation and servicing instructions made no mention of a pump, so I thought it was fitted elsewhere on the circuit.

I'll have a butcher's for something pump-esque when I get home.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
jasonvaughan said:
ohhh he's gonna work on his own barca..............brave man!!!!!!
hehe! Touch wood it's been fine so far. Just gotta investigate an air leak in the CH system. I've just done the hydrogen test on my cold rad and was most impressed with the flame-thrower effect; the bleed valve actually caught fire :D

An "air" leak in a central heating system? They usually leak water?

Ignited hydrogen? That usually indicates that there is some corrosion going on!

May need some inhibitor!

Tony

Agile said:
An "air" leak in a central heating system? They usually leak water?

Ignited hydrogen? That usually indicates that there is some corrosion going on!

May need some inhibitor!

Tony
Sorry, poor choice of phrase. Meant air getting in. Yep; hefty dose of X100 coming up.

i think what agile ment was that its not air getting in your system, corroision caused hydrogen. hense the 'gas' being flamable.....

Please let us all know if someone actually managed to fit the pump within the casing of your Barcelona as there is no space within the unit...

BR Swedish Viking

SwedishViking2 said:
Please let us all know if someone actually managed to fit the pump within the casing of your Barcelona as there is no space within the unit...

BR Swedish Viking
There's a Grundfoss safely tucked away behind the control panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back