Which boiler-combi or condensing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I live in a 3 bed townhouse, with main bathroom on the top floor. I need to replace my old combi with a new one. I have been told that condensing boilers are going to be the way forward, but that no one really knows how reliable they are likely to be. Could you please suggest which type and what reliable make to get estimates for?

If we install a combi, will parts be available easily when the combi is phased out? Or have I got it totally wrong?!

Thanks

Xmen

Sponsored Links
Hmm Difficult one ! your talking pros and cons keep thinking and after this year you wont have a choice ...............because condensing is all that will be sold . But a system boiler could last 20 years if its looked after !

Thanks. Guess I will stick with a combi. I am trying to choose between the Worcester 24 cdi or the 28 cdi. As the main bathroom is on the top floor of my 3 bedroom 3 storey townhouse, I dont know what kind of flowrate I should be looking at. Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Xmen

the 28 cdi will give you a better flow rate but try not to have the boiler too far from your main bathroom or else you will be waiting ages for the hot water to get through (its not that hard to resite a boiler)

Sponsored Links
The boiler is sited in the kitchen on the ground floor, main bathroom is on the second floor. There is a small shower room on the ground floor. There is no room for the boiler on the upper floors. Does that mean I need a system like the Baxi instant or Worcester highflow? I checked the prices and the Worcester hi flow is rather expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back