Which electric tile cutter???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: I'm planning to do some tiling in my own house and want to buy an electric tile cutter. However, there is lots on offer. What do I really need? It is for both floor and wall tiles :?:

Sponsored Links
Wolf,
I believe the Plasplugs tile cutter (approx. £30) is well regarded (from what i have read on this and other forums), even though it has a picture of Tommy Walsh on the box ;) It cuts floor and wall tiles up to 18mm thick and doesn't throw too much water around........apparently. I recently bought one but due to other commitments it is still sitting in the box.......with Tommy's smile on the box taunting me :cry: It won't be a tile that will be the first thing cut by this cutter :LOL:

I agree about the plasplugs electric cutter but I would also get an ordinary hand cutter too.

I find the plasplugs anglemaster the best one for the price. It has its own measuring gauge which also measures out of square gaps too.You don't even need a tape measure to use it. Its the easiest cutter I have ever used and makes a professional look much easier and far quicker. Cost about £15 and worth every penny.

The electric cutters are good for thicker tiles or for notching tiles for socket etc. However they are noisy,dusty and can throw water about if overfilled. They also get in the way in small rooms.I leave mine outside whenever possible.

Plasplugs also make a sucker for placing tiles, also very cheap. I find mine invaluable. You can easily remove the tile if high/low and slide them about a bit,without getting adhesive all over the place. I take the tiles out of the box with it, then put them in place in one action. this reduces cleaning to virtually nil.

I bought the FERM tilesaw from screwfix and its been excellent. For £40 you cant go wrong.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts=99870&id=25871

Its very robust in comparison to the plasplugs models I looked at. its got useful measuring rules which slide to set very accurate measurements. Keep the guides well oiled for good operation. one thing to do is ensure the blade guide is set straight when you setup. this is easy to do with a spanner.

They have 180mm spare blades to match as well.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat..../cat/pro.jsp?id=10359&slotName=null&homeRef=

Sponsored Links
Depending on how much use it will get then you might consider an italian made job from sigma, costs around £150 but the beeeeeeees knees!

This guy doesn't give up on his advertising does he!

Hey Mr Moderator can we not ban his posts, is it not three strikes and your out?

Are we not allowed to advertise on this forum then? Do we have to abide by all the rules then? :D

yes

Dohhh,

beware the lightening bolts from the sky I suspect your brand names will soon be removed.

That was quick, didn't even have time to read the rules properly. Well done Mr Moderator :p

Can't be a Ms, Miss, or Mrs the reply was to the point. :p

Yes dear, I'm finshed on the computer now, of course I will come and do the washing up :rolleyes:

well it was a funny post and bet even you laughed mr/ms/mrs/miss moderator (before you removed it! (now my reply makes me look like a dofus!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back