Which Thermostatic mixer for shower is best ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok first the question is probably a bit too general so I will try to narrow things down......

1. I intend fitting a thermostatic mixer when I install a shower in the next few weeks. I have decided to use a thermostatic mixer as it is very likely that there will be feeds to basin and bath from the same 22mm pair of pipes that will feed the shower. I believe the use of a thermostatic shower mixer is the way around this? (I don't want an electric shower)

2. The Hot and Cold feeds will come from the hot water cylinder and cold water tank in the loft. The distance from shower head to cold tank is 1.5 to 2m and probably about the same to the top of the hot water cylinder from the shower head.

Ok, now you hopefully have the detail of what I am trying to do, can you recommend the best options for thermostatic mixers? I don't want to pay the earth for some arty-farty designer kit but on the other hand I don't want cheap tat! Just good old fashioned quality well made kit that I won't have to spend hours fixing would be nice.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Sponsored Links
If I ever fit thermostatic showers I always fit the Mira Excel. You should get it for around £270. Also look at the Grohe models, some are on offer at Plumb Center.

Others on here will be able to offer different makes/advice.

Yes, we'd go for Aqualisa. As an alternative to Dave's faves!

The quartz is very nice, or go for a manual aquavalve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back