Whining combi-boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 8yr old combi-boiler Celtic+ and it has just started making a high pitched intermittent whine. If I switch the boiler to off the whine goes away but it still happens when it isn\\\'t heating water and the radiators have reached temperature. It has made a loud whine/howl when heating water for a bath for a long time but that has always stopped after (I don\\\'t know if the two are related). Any ideas as I have to switch the boiler off before going to bed each night and it\\\'s a pain (the boiler is in a cupboard near my bed)?!

Sponsored Links
Could be a blockage i.e water is not getting across the heat exchanger quick enough. Have you checked the inlet filters for debris??

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't checked the inlet filters as I wouldn't dare take the cover off and don't know what to do. The only thing I know how to do is to top up the pressure in the system by adding a bit of extra water. It has been serviced quite recently (Jan). Is it safe to leave it until the next scheduled service in January or should I call someone in?

Thanks for your help

Kelvyn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back