Whirlpool ADP952 dishwasher - will not start programme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First of all, I apologise if this message, or similar, appears twice. I'd typed it all in and not saved it before I realised I'd got cookies disabled...

My problem is with a Whirlpool ADP952 dishwasher, which I inherited from the previous owners of my house when I moved in. There's no manual in the house, I've looked (ye GODS have I looked...), and I have no contact now with the previous owners. I've tried to contact Whirlpool but no-one seems able to help me, and their website doesn't work when I try to download their general manual.

Okay, the problem is that when I load the machine, shut the door and select the programme I want, the start light immediately starts to flash and the programme will not start. If I hold the button down it will make a noise as though it's going to, but after 30 seconds or so it shuts down again. On the RARE occasions I select the prog and the light doesn't flash, the machine runs through its cycle no problem - but I can't work out any pattern to say when it's going to work and when it's not. I've checked salt, detergent, filters and solenoid and nothing seems to work. Can anyone suggest anything please?

Sponsored Links
Got same problem- Bad connection to solenoid valve from control board at the front of the machine at the bottom.
Pull out and reconnect all the connectors.
Check for 240V at the solenoid valve about 30 secs after the machine has started.
Machine is resetting because it hasn't detected any water coming in.
Good luck.
p.s.
I may have a manual somewhere if your'e stuck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back