Whirlpool dishwasher ADP 4501/5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I've just been given a whirlpool dishwasher ADP 4501 / 5 tried to use it turning on fine and starting ok but stops and green start botten is flashing 6 times then pausing . Can anyone help. I have it connected to the hot water . Does it need to be on cold?

Sponsored Links
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whirlpool Dishwasher Error codes.

F0. 10 flashes. Sensor Break (Only shown in test programme. Not visible to customer).

F1. Single flash. NTC Break. NTC open circuit/short circuit or ambient temperature less than 3 Celcius

F2. 2 Flashes. Water leakage. Floater switch LS6 in drip tray has switched.

F3. 3 Flashes. Heating system defect. Heater or relay on control board defect. Chack also cabling.

F4. 4 Flashes. Draining failure. Drain pump, control board OWI or water indicator defect.

F5. 5 Flashes. Sprayarm Blocked (not present on VBL version. On 1 digit display will show as F and flashing start led).

F6. 6 Flashes. Water valve (WV1) is switched on but flow meter (FM) senses no impulses (less than 10 impulses in 10 secs) and the water indicator (WI) is at a low level
Water Valve Closed. Water inlet hose blocked.
Water inlet valve (WV1) defective. Flow meter (FM) defective (leads to FM failure)

F7. 7 Flashes. Flow meter failure. Flow meter defect. Water inlet valve defect or water inlet hose blocked.

F8. 8 Flashes. Water level failure. Sieve strongly dirty or big amount of foam inside to less water.

F9. 9 Flashes. Continuously Water Inlet. Water inlet valve mechanically not closed or control board defect.

FA. 11 Flashes. OWI failure. Dirty OWI lens. OWI defect or control board defect. Check cabling.

FB. 12 Flashes. Motorised Diverter Valve

FC. 13 Flashes. Water Hardness Sensor Failure

A fault with no fault code indication = faulty module

These codes should cover the entire range of Whirlpool dishwashers.

Test Mode

Make sure the appliance is empty of water before running Diagnostics as it does not pump out before starting to fill and therefore you could overfill the appliance.
Open the door and set the program to the first program. (Normally rinse).
Turn the power off.
Press and hold the start button and while holding turn the power on.
After a little while the start button will flash, release the button.
Press the start button once and close the dishwasher door.
The machine will now run through a diagnostic routine.
If memory serves me right it takes about 20 mins.
The machine will stop during diagnostics if an error is found and will display the error code. If no error is found it will complete the diagnostics and end the programme.

To exit diagnostics at any time just press and hold the start button till the programme is cancelled

Thanks a million . I discovered there was very low water pressure last night. I turned on the submersable pump in the attic and hay presto everything was perfect.

Thanks for getting back to me . I will save the list you send

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the diagnostic codes. Found my problem but what does OWI stand for , if I'm not being too dim?

Hi Everyone,

First post here with a problem with my dishwasher. The whole wash cycle seems to complete and then it goes into this seemingly endless (hours long) cycle of a pause of a couple of seconds, then a brief pump sound and a single green flash from the lamp, then a couple of seconds pause, another pump and single flash and so on.

When this first happened a few weeks ago (during those few weeks of snow and generally freezing weather) it did seem to help to pour a kettle-full of boiling water into the bottom of the machine so I guess it may well be temperature related.

Is this the single flash as quoted below, and, if so, how can I test or replace the NTC?

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whirlpool Dishwasher Error codes.

F1. Single flash. NTC Break. NTC open circuit/short circuit or ambient temperature less than 3 Celcius

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back