Why I think why terrorism doesn't work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Terrorists are so stupid. They think that killing members of the public will affect the policies of politicians.

What terrorists don't realise is politicians don't actually care about the general public (only about themselves), so why would killing members of the public bother politicians?

Sponsored Links
Quick memo to 'the terrorists'..

Target the politicians - you'll probably being doing someone a favour... ;)

notb665 said:
Terrorists are so stupid. They think that killing members of the public will affect the policies of politicians.

What terrorists don't realise is politicians don't actually care about the general public (only about themselves), so why would killing members of the public bother politicians?

It worked in Spain, after the Madrid bombings the PM got voted out and the Government withdrew it's troops from Iraq.

Also the IRA have done alright, they managed to get all their killers and bombers released. Nice one Tony!

why do people become terrorists? because they are angry having seen their loved ones killed and want to do the same to others?

I don't know? All i do know is that retaliation against that sort of mentality is only going to stir up more anger and hatred and more atrocities.

Perhaps the answer is not to attack the end result but the cause of that hatred in the first place, why doesn't the west attack Israels policies and the way they treat the palistinian people in other words get to the root of the problem as opposed to trying to sweep the problem under the carpet or attacking the weaker link in order to solve the crisis as seen there are many more "Martyrs" to take up the place of those killed in what they see as a war against terrorism against themselves so you aren't going to stop it happening that way, kill the father and the son takes up the cause!

If America and Britain got heavy with Israel and threatened to sever ties with them unless they stopped their oppressiveness then perhaps the palestinians would see that there is sympathy for their predicament rather than interference from the west.

It's about time that the west decided that trade is not more important than lives.

Before some say that i am siding with terrorists and their actions, in no way do i condone their violence, but i side with the innocent folk (on both sides) that are unfortunately trapped in this situation and they are the ones that need immediate action by the west to bring about normality.

Talk does seem to work, as seen in Northern Ireland which has seen the longest peace in some time, appease the angry and they just might be willing to talk.

Sponsored Links
ellal said:
Quick memo to 'the terrorists'..

Target the politicians - you'll probably being doing someone a favour... ;)
Even that didn`t work .......Brighton/Guido Fawkes :rolleyes:

airey neve houses of parliment car park?
Lord mountbatten?

Whatever a terrorist does will have some effect. It will either cause a government to buckle and eventually go to the bargining table or the government in power will take ever firmer steps and either wipe them out or increase the hatred towards them from that segment of the population and the general public for the restrictions on their liberty in order to combat the terrorist. Theres been very few sucessful examples of this apart from Malaya inrecent history

I don't think you can nagotiate with people like that, for a start they can't be trusted, 2nd whats is there to nagotiate about ? Ok we could pull all our troops out, then what, sit and hope they don't plant any more bombs because we are playing by there rules.

The gov would never sit down and talk with them, they've already said you/they wouldn't sit down and nagotiate, so that rules that option out. So there's only one option left and we know what that is.

markie said:
I don't think you can nagotiate with people like that, for a start they can't be trusted
Yeah - That's my opinion of Bliar and his cronies too... ;)

let it be known to the terrorists that all of there immediate family will be classed the same as he or she and will be dealt with accordingly

then responsibility will be theres for all to see

this action above would stop terrorisim in its tracks

collective responsibility

Slogger said:
let it be known to the terrorists that all of there immediate family will be classed the same as he or she and will be dealt with accordingly

Yeah right - That'll make us safe... :LOL:

Trouble is, in the eyes of the 'enemy' , we are the terrorists!

I have no afinity with any religion whatsover (unless you include atheism), but whover said 'An eye for an eye
makes the whole world blind' has a point!

markie said:
The gov would never sit down and talk with them, they've already said you/they wouldn't sit down and nagotiate, so that rules that option out.
That's what they said about the IRA.

Slogger said:
On what legal basis?

Just like your heroes used to do in France in WWII, eh Slogger?

ban-all-sheds said:
markie said:
The gov would never sit down and talk with them, they've already said you/they wouldn't sit down and nagotiate, so that rules that option out.
That's what they said about the IRA.

And thats what they said about these lot, i guess it's a case of wait and see, but can you hand on heart, think it's going to happen, ?

Don't know.

While we wait to find out we can think about these figures from the past.

Eamonn De Valera was leader of Sinn Fein, rebel against the Crown, sentenced to death, later became Prime Minister.

Nelson Mandela - leader of ANC's armed wing, organiser of sabotage attacks, fundraising and paramilitary training. Sentenced to life imprisonment. Later became President and was awarded Order of Merit by HM Queen, and Nobel Peace Prize.

Archbishop Makarios - similar relationship to EOKA as Jerry Adams to IRA, exiled by the British, later became first President of independent Cyprus.

Menachem Begin - "terrorist", leader of "unconventional warfare" attacks against the British, hunted by both the British and the Jewish Agency for Palestine, later became Prime Minister. Also awarded Nobel Peace Prize.

Slogger said:

...or would more likely create more terrorism.

Just out of interest, Slogger, ever heard of McCarthysim?

Sponsored Links
Back