Why would this bricky be doing this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
They're building some new houses on a piece of wasteland just behind my house. I've just looked out of my daughter's bedroom window to see how they're getting on. One of the brickies is laying the cement blocks for the foundations. I watched him lay some mortar on the top of a block and place another block on top of this. He then removed it, dug up a bit of soil from the area nearby and put some on top of this mortar that he'd just laid and put the block back on top.
Now I don't profess to being a builder but this seems a little strange to me. So come on guys, what's he doing that for?
Gcol

Sponsored Links
just a guess

for support cements to runny to support a thick run!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

its called an "i cant be arsed to do it properly shortcut"

Sponsored Links
I could understand that Thermo, but the soil he picked up was further away than the board of mortar he was using. :confused:

Go and ask him,or you`ll be puzzled for years :LOL:

big-all said:
just a guess

for support cements to runny to support a thick run!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'd love an explanation for that, I understand all the words, but have no idea what it means :D :LOL:

Eddie M said:
big-all said:
just a guess

I'd love an explanation for that, I understand all the words, but have no idea what it means :D :LOL:

dosnt make any sence to me either :LOL: :LOL: ;)

what i was trying to say was maybe the pugs to wet to support the weight of more than one block so when he puts the second block on it pushes the pug out:LOL: :LOL:

clear as mud eeehhh ;)

Oh allright then :rolleyes: The concrete in the footing is sloping and he`s got to gain a few mm. on the run. If the pug was too wet you`d see the labourer with a trowel imbedded twix his shoulder blades :eek: :LOL: He`s putting in what`s known as a Christmas Joint.............because you always get a big joint @ Christmas :LOL: :LOL: Is it Barratts :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back