Wickes Hi-Tack Flashing Strip

Pal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have used some of this down onto some grainy exterior tiles but unfortunately never used a primer as recommended for best result. :oops:

Needless to say it has not stuck too well.:(

I guess there must be something sticky I can apply to bond them together.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Pal

Sponsored Links
Normally the primer come with it (?)

The problem with flashing strip,the bitumen backing tend to brittle in cold weather and I have rarely seen a good job done with them.They stick better when left in a warm airing cupboard overnight.

What is it you wanted to do?

Pal, my honest opinion is that products like these are only adequate as a temporary repair. They are not durable.

If you want a proper long term solution use lead.

It is under one of the front windows and goes down onto the tiles on the front of the house.

The flashing was defective and this looked the easy option, not so sure now! :cry:

I guess you are going to advise to get a roofer to fit a new bit of lead?

Pal

Sponsored Links
if its under the window then the only way to do it properly with lead, is to take out the window unit. this could be expensive. try again but this time make sure the existing lead is clean and dry, prime the lead and let the primer dry properly. keep the flashing indoors to keep it warmish. when using it warm it with a hair dryer or hot air gun, but only a flash don't linger. dress it in place and use a rag or similar slippery article to smooth and rub it down. use your safe heat source to warm it occasionally as you rub it down and it should be ok. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back