wild weed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a weed in one of my patches that seems to have roots going all over the place in the soil and is now starting to grow through into that patch, does anyone know what this is and how to git rid of without danmaging the plants in the patch. The roots are about 5mm thick and are rampant

Sponsored Links
Any chance of a picture? What shape of leaves does it have, are they grass like or broadleaf like?

Which ever type it is glyphosate (roundup) is the answer because it is taken down into the roots and will kill the plant from the bottom up. If you need to protect other plant close by or grass then paint the solution on the leaf of the offending plant. Otherwise just spray it on.

Andrew

the leaves are broad leaved, so i could just paint on this mixture to kill off tha weed and the roots? where would i get such a chemical

You'll get glyphosate at any garden centre or DIY shed that deals with gardening.
Roundup is a trade name but many sell their own brand glyphosate weedkillers a lot cheaper.
I bought some in my local Tesco last week under their own brand name.
The area I used it on is changing from green to yellow already.

Sponsored Links
Just check that one of the ingredients is glyphosate and do not buy ready mixed spray guns as the cost will be vast unless you are doing a very small area.

Also do not be disheartened if it re-grows, if it does it will be weaker than before and just hit it again, you will win in the end! :LOL:

Andrew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back