1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Will a BG WPT1 work with Hive Hub?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by sjws1888, 24 Jan 2020.

1. sjws1888

sjws1888

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi
    I've got a combi boiler with a British Gas WPT1 wireless thermostat and hive single channel receiver.

I'm thinking about upgrading to a full hive system to be able to use the mobile app etc, so could anyone tell me, can I just buy the hive hub and continue using the BG WPT1 thermostat and receiver that I've already got or do I need to buy the full system (hub, thermostat and receiver)?

I'm asking because the WPT1 looks just like a hive thermostate (though doesn't say 'hive' on it) so I'm wondering if its basically the same thing?

Thanks for any advise

2. Sponsored Links
  3. imiller9

imiller9

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Need the thermostat and hub, existing stat doesn’t have the remote capabilities.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. sjws1888

sjws1888

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for that. I thought that might be the case but it seemed like worth checking before spending any money

Cheers

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local