Will my Potterton Suprima work on my new megaflo?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Suprima 100L Boiler 35.9KW input gross, will this be ok to operate my new Megaflo CL250HE indirect :?:

1 plumber says yes another says no and one says maybe !!!!!

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Sponsored Links
A Suprima is a boiler which heats water. A Megaflo is a hot water cylinder which accepts heated water from a boiler.

What possible justification could there be to answer "maybe" or "no" when asked whether the two will work together?

Brilliant answer from Artfulbodger :D

To "megaflo" - could you ask the first plumber "why not", and post back here with his full answer?

Sponsored Links
The firm I used to work for always said No to a megaflow with a suprima. I never got an answer as to why. The only time I've come across the set up the boiler was playing up and had the heat exchanger changed twice in 5 years. I ended up changing it for an Ideal Classic.

I have sem many Suprimas with Megaflows.

I hope this fellow has learnt that an installer of unvented cylinders has to have a special qualification.

Tony

Using the mega flow with a suprima is fine except suprimas r a bag of a boiler. ur powering ya Bmw with a Lada. it will do the job but will let u down.

If the suprima has got a new board on it will be fine......good for 20 fault free years once the board has been changed. And yes its fne for a megaflow.

bab said:
Using the mega flow with a suprima is fine except suprimas r a bag of a boiler. ur powering ya Bmw with a Lada. it will do the job but will let u down.

Talking rubbish mate perfectly good boiler once the new pcb upgrade has been fitted :cool:

it just seems that finding a plumber that will instal the megaflo, move the boiler and fit a bathroom suite is like finding a Michael Barrymore fan. I've had to instruct a non corgi plumber and then get it commissioned by a Corgi afterwards! wish me luck !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back