Window profiles and cavity closure - Thermabate2?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

On the Thermabate web site this morning looking at their cavity closer info and came across the Thermabate2 that is a closer pre-formed in a specificed opening that also serves as the window profile when you get to cill level.

http://www.thermabate.co.uk/pages/InstallingThermabate2.asp

Sounds like a neat idea, but I'm guessing much more expensive than the £12 Manthorpe double-flanged cavity closure in 2.4m I'm planning to use shortly!

For the window profiles I intend to make temporary wooden frames from 2x4 and give to brickie when he's at cill level. Once the brickwork around the new opening is set it can then be removed and the cavity closure can go in ready for a new plastic window to follow. Does this sound pretty normal as far as the brickie will be concerned?

Cheers
Mike

PS. Stupid question time :D but I've assumed the cavity is also to be closed up at the wall plate level using lengths of the same Manthorpes closures?!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back