Windows movie maker and Epson printer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, i have been using windows movie maker and when you save it to CD its codec is WMV. I want to play this on a dvd player but it says Codec not recognised, can anyone help me to sort this out to work on a dvd player?

Also i have an Epson stylus DX6000 and it is connected to the main computer, i have a wireless network so when i go into printers and faxes and highlight the DX6000 i click on share printer on the left hand side panel, but when i go on the laptop and click on add printer i browse for avaliable printers but it does not return the DX6000 does anyone know why?
Thanks for your help :D

please do not ask more than one question / post, I can not split your post

Sponsored Links
Do you have a program such as nero burning rom? If you goto "Make your own DVD video" and add the files to this hopefully nero will create you a disk with the files required to run on a bog standard DVD player.

There are a few reasons why you may not be able to see the printer, can you share files between the 2 PCs via the network OK? Which operating system on both machines?
If you goto Add Printer and browse for a printer, can you see the name of your desktop PC on there? If so when you double click it, does this bring up the name of the printer?

Stephen07 said:
codec is WMV. I want to play this on a dvd player but it says Codec not recognised,

I have found this depends on the age of the DVD player. I have an expensive (older) Toshiba that can play commercial DVDs but not many home-recorded ones or CDs off the PC. I got a £20 Tesco Value one recently that can :rolleyes: play them all (as can my expensive recent DVD recorder).

Thanks for the replies speark 123 i not complety sure on how you set up the network but i know that i have a wireless router. its a linksys G. The windows versions are XP home edition on the main computer and XP professional on the laptop. All it says when i go to add printer and browse for printers it does not come up with the other PC just says something to do with microsoft and that aint the one.

Sponsored Links
Just wondering if you have both the machines set to the same workgroup? If you go to Control Panel, System, Computer name, are the workgroups on both PCs called the same?
2nd opinion on this would be nice Igorian/Eggplant/Softus :D

Spark123 said:
Just wondering if you have both the machines set to the same workgroup? If you go to Control Panel, System, Computer name, are the workgroups on both PCs called the same?
2nd opinion on this would be nice Igorian/Eggplant/Softus :D

It's easier if they are in the same workgroup, but it's not mandatory. Do you have file and print sharing enabled on both PCs?

Have you tried the network wizard?

Yeah i have tried the network wizard dont seem to get much from that ill have a look at the two names and see. :D Thanks yeah i think i have file sharing enabled on both the computers.

Can you access the shared folders on the desktop using the laptop and vice versa? Do you have software firewalls on the computers?

Sponsored Links
Back