windows need painting every two years

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello ,
bought a house a few months ago and the previous owner told me the windows needs cleaning and painting every two years.at the moment they are painted redish brown.
my problem is i am not sure what type of wood it is.just noticed that there is a bit of rot on the outside and when it rains, some water leaks through the wood although it is double glazing.
i got wood filler from b and q and filled some of the holes between the glass and the wooden frame on one of the downstairs windows. that solved the prokblem on that window.
any advice on what to do next? if i get all the windows done with the filler , will that solve the problem.any recommendations please?

Sponsored Links
I has this with my mum bay windows and the brown stain paint over the years made it too dark after a few coats, I'v stripped the old paint off and I was amazed, it was mahogany timber, I've used tung oil to bring the natural grains of the timber, it's so easy to wipe it on for the future,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back