Wireless door bells

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a wireless door bell that is meant to have a range of 200 metres. The thing is it only goes about 25 metres!! I know they say 'things' in the way can affect the signal but is this taking the micky or what!!??
:eek:
Anyone else had any experience with them?
We need a new one now as this one doesn't work at all now (Well not when its cold or raining!?! :confused: ) so any good experiences?

Sponsored Links
I use one for something else, got it in Homebase but I think it is a rebrand of something else. It seems to work over a range of about 30 metres (i.e. end of the garden) without any prob, or from one end to the other of quite a large house through walls and floors. Have you checked the batteries?

I have not got a 200metre garden :cry: so can say no more.

most radio stuff says works xxm
but it usualy says in clear air space. i.e they tested it in a great big field.

you have to remember that a door bell button transmitter is small, mot space is for the battery, and so can not be powerfull, so any steel in the building fabric will stop it from working :cry:

Bought some last month, for my summerhouse approx 60m and the bell ringer only ring if the doorpush is on the inside of the door area and not on the outside of the door :cry: Can't be bothered & got fed up with it, I going to hardwired it instead, shouldn't be too difficult to do with the thin bell wire.

My wireless bell was for a 100m range

Sponsored Links
We have just bought a hundred metre one. It reaches just outside the back door! (My house isn't that big!!!) Why don't they test them on a house so to give a more realistic range!? The two hundred metre one was just a waste of money (they are not cheap)as it didn't go much fruther than this one.
No one seems to rate them much then!
Due to the lack of range,at least I can enjoy gardening in peace! :LOL:

there is a reason they dont test them in a house, they would then have to say range 10 feet, wouldn't sell many would they.

the other thing is there are so many variables.

is there an rsj above it
is there an rsj near it,
are the walls foil lined (plasterboard)
which wall is foil lined
is the foil lined wall in the way
is the ................yahdy yahdy yah

anything radio has the same "problem"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back